I met the situation when i had model created in newer version of Tekla Structures than it should be. For very simple models, without connection and details there is a way to export it to the older Tekla Structures version.
Export and import ASCII
Export ASCII – This option exports model to the text file named model.asc in model folder. You can open this file using notepad. After export you have to copy this file to another model folder and rename it to import.asc. Then you can use option: Import ASCII. The new parts will appear in model.
You can export only basic geometry: beams, profiles, plates. No connections, components and no drawings.
How to export model?
- Select all parts which you want to export
- Click File > Export > Ascii
- Open model folder and find file model.asc
- Close Tekla Structures
- Copy file model.asc to another model folder
- Rename file model.asc to import.asc
- Open Tekla Structures and load another model where the import.asc file is
- Click File > Import > ASCII